Quirky Over-sized Coffee Mugs
Bright&Bold Hair Accessories
I found this on Etsy. How lovely for spring!
I cringed at first sight of this colour but now I can’t get over it. I love American Apparel nail polishes. They are free of some of the chemicals commonly found in nail polish and they are cruelty free which is important to me. I also find that the quality and texture of their polish is better than some other brands.
Exquisite Culinary Creations
I felt compelled to find out if it tasted as good as it looked.
This week has gone by so fast, I’m not entirely sure if it actually happened or was a fabrication of my imagination. Thankfully, it was a week full of the ‘Three F’s” : Family,Friends& Food.
I spent Easter Friday visiting my sister Aamina, she goes to university about an hour and a half away from Cambridge and there is nothing else I would have rather done. My sister and I are 5 years apart but we’re best friends in every possible way.
We did all the things we do best: eat, laugh, talk and eat some more.
[Nothing like fro-yo for lunch on a lovely spring day]
This delicious concoction was made possible at Yo-Yo’s frozen yogurt. They have just about a million yogurt and topping options but I like mine sweet& simple: Tart yogurt and fruit 🙂
When we realized that fro-yo isn’t exactly a satiating lunch, we headed to this charming little local cafe/bakery called Black Walnut Bakery Cafe. Words to describe this place: simple, cozy, amazing food & coffee and friendly people. We didn’t want to leave. My sister ordered a curried egg sandwich and I had an amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and coffee. I have an obsession with cafe’s and this little cafe is definitely in my top 5!
My sister and I love long walks-especially with good company. We spent a significant part of the afternoon soaking up the sunshine.
[Little miss fashionista]
[Always giggling about something]
This day would not have been complete without us watching a movie we’ve seen at least 5 times- Titanic 3D. Although it gets less emotional every time you watch it, it’s still as romantic as the first time you saw it.
I can’t even describe how perfect and necessary this day was for me. Since then, I’ve spent almost every day re-living coffee/cafe/foodie adventures with some other wonderful people in my life. More on that next time.
They say that a woman’s mind is an overpopulated place and I’d have to agree with that. I thought I’d share a compilation of thoughts & moments that make me appreciate the little things.
- When you get treated like a good friend by a complete stranger for no other reason than basic human kindness-you know that feeling?
- Discipline is important. So is indulgence.
- The perspective you gain when you realize that everyone in this world is connected by the same basic needs and fears
- Yumnuts. Because they recycle their packaging into t-shirts and because they are delicious
- Discovering the truth in this quote :
“Losing is a learning experience. It teaches you humility. It teaches you to work harder. It’s also a powerful motivator” — Yogi Berra
- That moment when you’re running errands on starvation mode and find a protein bar that you swear you never had, stuck in the bottom of your giant oversized bag
- My love for Toms Shoes-especially when they start to fall apart.
- Your health is your life.period. Take your iron supplements.
- Friends that become family
- Accepting that sometimes you’re the best, other times you’re not. Trusting that you’re good enough is your call
- Sisters that are best friends x 10
- Anything covered in peanut butter will taste good
- Nothing is guaranteed, what you love today, you might not tomorrow and vice versa. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
That’s it for today. Enjoy your Easter weekend 🙂